An agreement exists between Intentional Activities and the Client whereby Intentional Activities agrees to provide life-coaching services to the Client tailored to his/her individual needs and goals. The crux of the psychoeducational services offered by Intentional Activities centers upon assisting the Client in navigating difficult life circumstances and/or transitions. Life coaching is not a substitute for issues that necessitate professional counseling and/or psychotherapy and psychiatry.
The life coaching relationship between Intentional Activities and the Client will be one of mutual trust, respect, and understanding that each Client has specific needs and goals which he/she requires assistance in achieving. Intentional Activities and the Client will engage in a process of assessment, goal setting, action steps, and further assessment in order to aid Clients to achieve their goals. There is no set time frame for this process. Individual or group coaching sessions will take place via telephone. Individual coaching sessions are optimal when initially held once a week, allowing Intentional Activities to properly track and support the Client’s goals. As coaching continues, the frequency of sessions may decrease or increase depending on the individual needs of the Client.
- Client understands and agrees that life coaching is not therapy, nor is it meant to substitute for therapy or prevent, cure, or treat any mental illness and/or disease for which the client needs therapy or psychiatric/medical treatment. In the event that the client appears to need professional services beyond the scope of coaching, he/she will agree to the suggestion of the coach and subsequently seek a local licensed service provider to address the aforementioned.
- Client agrees to keep all coaching appointments and to give advance notice in the event that a session must be cancelled.
- Client agrees to be invested in taking action to achieve his/her goals and negotiate the “life stuff" that he/she presents. Coaching is an active not passive process that requires the Client to engage in serious self-evaluation.
- Client understands and agrees that Intentional Activities makes no guarantees or warranties, express or implied, as to their services and that Intentional Activities is not liable for the actions, decisions, and outcomes of the Client. The goal of Intentional Activities is to help the Client to achieve his/her goals, not to give the Client unrealistic expectations as to services offered.
- Intentional Activities understands and agrees that life coaching is not therapy. If the Client needs therapy, Intentional Activities will recommend that the Client enlist the assistance of a licensed professional therapist. Intentional Activities further understands that life coaching will not treat, cure, or prevent any mental health disorder or disease.
- Intentional Activities agrees to keep coaching appointments and to give advance notice in the event that a session must be cancelled.
- Intentional Activities agrees to assist the Client in the leg-work of setting and achieving goals and negotiating the Client’s “life stuff.”
- Intentional Activities understands and agrees that it makes no warranties, express or implied, or guarantees as to the services provided. Intentional Activities is not liable for the actions, decisions, and outcomes of the Client. Our goal is to aid the Client in working towards achieving their goals, not offering the Client unrealistic expectations of the services offered or results desired.